The Friends of the Bermuda National Library (FNL) is a registered charity (#309), established to support Bermuda’s National Library, which is comprised of the Adult Library on Queen Street, the Youth Library on Church Street, and the Mobile Library. FNL was founded October 20, 1976, with charity status granted November 12, 1991.
The Friends support the Library with marketing, financial, and programming assistance. Past activities include funding/financial support for:
- Books in both Adult and Youth libraries (donated by Centennial Trust and the Stempel Foundation)
- Upgrading of electronic equipment (donated by Big Benefit Ball 2002)
- Teen Advisory Board provided by the Stempel Foundation
- Books for the blind and associated equipment
- Programming in both libraries
- Internet services and related equipment
- Furniture and equipment
Other activities include:
- Not Just Another Book Club
- National Library Week
Whatever we undertake, what ultimately drives our organization is our keen desire to ensure that the National Library is a vibrant and relevant institution, one that can fully meet the challenges of serving the community in the global information age.
Susan Jackson, JP, MP
13 Queen Street
Hamilton HM 11